Friday, June 01, 2007

Voice Recording on Obscure 2 wrapped!


Finally, after a few long weeks, the voice recording of Obscure 2 has wrapped. WOOHOO! I want to give a shout out to the cast that did an excellent job on the voices of the teenagers and other characters of the game:
Buster Cox – man of the hour, who kept returning to the studio when we asked, to do more screams, more gurgles, more bit parts; ploughing time after time again through the morning traffic of Miami. Good man and dedicated to the max! He's the real deal: asking me whether he could please do another take to "get it just right"! If you want a good male lead voice for your game: use Buster.
Ayme Sanchez, who – among other parts - did the part of Amy, the stereotypical blond cheerleader (in the game), and who managed to keep her good humor during my directions in spite of my (graphic) descriptions of what was happening to her characters. She also sings in a really cool band! Check her out!
Alicia LaForce for lending a sexy voice to a sexy character in the game (Mei), and being so kind to appeal to my ego by calling me “the easiest director she’d ever worked with”.
The truly remarkable Nikki Rapp, disembodied voice of cuteness (veteran of games like the Sims, Psychonauts and various cartoon shows), who had us all in stitches with her contagious laughing. If you search for it, her laughter is featured prominently early on in Obscure 2: it won’t do justice to the actual experience of sharing a joke with her and then hearing her giggle, but it’s the best next thing! Finally, to all of the other actors who did such a fine job on the game: here’s to a future cooperation!

I also wanted to thank Damon Fries, Liliane Goudriaan, Hans Bakker and Michaƫl Reijenga of Voice Agency Inter Voice for the sound engineering, the casting and the localization. You guys have been great to work with!

1 comment:

It's a Rapp said...

Wow! I just randomly found your blog - and I have to tell you - you have totally made my day!
Thank you for your kind words... that was quite a session, and so different from what I do most! What an awesome opportunity. Thanks again!

nicki