Thursday, June 28, 2007

Submission time...without yielding to an opponent

Tomorrow something exciting is going to happen: I am going to submit Obscure 2 to SCEE QA in Liverpool for the first time. What that means is that Sony is going to test the game and see if it is fit for publication according to their TRC (Technical Requirements Check). I am so psyched! The game right now is in a really good state: everything is in there (graphics, sounds, voices, music) and it is virtually bugfree.
According to one of my colleagues it is really rare that a PS2 game goes through on the first try. Usually you get the disc back and there is stuff you need to fix, then you submit again: rinse and repeat until someone goes postal or the game is actually accepted.

But I have a really good feeling about this. The boys and girls (yes there are girls in game development) of Hydravision have done such a great job on the game, that I am almost tempted to think that we might make it in one go. We'll see.

Tomorrow I'll drive with Gog to Tourcoing, France, with the submission package for Sony; I'll pick up the Master DVD's, and a courier will whisk them away to the angry depths of the Sony QA bastion, where unfinished PS2 games are tormented for all eternity.

Wish me luck! Not only for the fact that Gog is driving (the last time he did that he ruined the first Ark of Noah: yes, there were two), but also that I've managed to jinx myself utterly by writing this post.
Shout out to the talented folks over at RelQ and Enzyme for the testing of build 188. Good job guys!

No comments: