Thursday, July 06, 2006

A new laptop and instantly... I start a Blog

Got a new laptop today. It's not a sexy iBook or a cool AlienWare gaming laptop, no mine is a super low-end Acer Aspire. It's okay though; I will mainly use it to write - nothing else. My previous laptop, a Toshiba, mysteriously died on me. Or perhaps it was the fact that I switched it off in the middle of a bios update. "You computer illiterate fool!" I can hear the multtitudes of critical silicon heads cry out, "don't you know that you NEVER switch off a computer while it it is running a bios update?!"

Well, actually, I don't. Neither did my better half. After a long time she pointed out to me that "it wasn't doing anything", and I promptly grew impatient and pulled the plug on it. So now I know. You NEVER switch a computer off when it is updating it's bios.

My new laptop has a shiny crystalbrite(tm) display and is faster than my old one. So it's all good.

No comments: